Saturday, August 13, 2016

August 13, 2016

Hello there my family!

Wow, it seems as though every time I write, It seems that much closer to October. How crazy is that? It is also really sad. But, I dont want to think about that right now! 

This week we got a very interesting and sad phone call from our investigator named Victor. If you don´t remember him, he is a 20 year old young man that is an Apostal for another church. He loves the book of mormon and wants to come to church, but he has had to take care of his grandma every sunday so he hasn´t been able to come. However, he called us on Tuesday and told us that His Grandma had passed away not even 2 hours before. He told us he wants to meet with us next monday to talk. We thought it was very sad but also a huge turning point in his life which makes him very vulnerable for the Gospel! 
This week I had to take 10 missionaries to get their ID cards done. We had to wait 4 hours in Migration for the people to finally get the paperwork done. It was pretty stressful, but I made it through it without problem. Next week is our Week of Miracles! In the Mission Leadership Counsel, we decided that each day of the week, we would focus on a specific theme to work with. Monday: The Book of Mormon. Tuesday: The Sabbath Day. Wednesday: Baptism. Thursday: Family History/Temple Work. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out.  The APs are going to dress up like a HUGE Book of Mormon and walk around contacting people. It will be intersting!! haha

So, I talked to President this week. He called me in and asked me who I thought would be a good replacement for me. I told him that I have Felt that Elder McCay from California would do my job fine. He said he would take it into account and we will be seeing soon. He then asked me a couple of questions. "How long did you get trained for as a secretary?" I said "One Change" Then he said "HA! I know you can do it in less time than that, you will be training the new secretary 2 WEEKS before you go home!" I thought that was really interesting! I can´t believe the Lord trusts me that much to train only 2 weeks a job so complicated. But, if that´s what the Lord wants, I will do it.

It is almost changes week again and we are recieveing 4 Missionaries from UTAH! Oh ya;) Lots to do, and then it´s my LAST TIME! (Less Stress) I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week! Thank you for everything!!

Love always, 

Elder Negro

Selfies with the best book!



Stud!

No comments:

Post a Comment