Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 30, 2016

Buenos dias mi querida familia,

This week I have never wanted more than to feel the spirit in my life. Coming down to those last moments, it makes me think, what do I need to accomplish before coming home? Elder Frederiksen and I have been focusing on Obedience, Patience, Humilty, and following the spirit. We know that we are nothing without our Heavenly Father´s help. We are just human bodies with a spirit that needs to learn. And the only way that we will learn is if we are humble and accept the Lord´s counsel and Obey what he has commanded us. We have been teaching a family lately named Jairo and Scarlett. They are a young couple about 30 years old with 2 kids. Logan (7) and Liam (11 months) They are an absolute miracle. We love them so much even though sometimes they are lazy. They have showed great faith and desire to follow Jesus Christ in their lives. They are funny and loving. On Wednesday, they came over to a members house to have a family home evening! It was a great hit. They created a great friendship with the members and already made plans to come to church on Sunday and to have ANOTHER family home evening next Wednesday! Please pray for them that they will come to church on Sunday. Their baptism date is the 27th of August. They will also be getting Married on that day! We will be helping the Lord bring a family back into his fold.

This week we also found a man named Nelson. He is a young man about 26 years old and lives with his girlfriend Arelis. Nelson smokes marijuana like a chimney, but he knows it is terrible for him, he just can´t stop. Yesterday, he didn´t smoke! He forced himself to not smoke! He has a baptismal date on the 5th of September and he is coming to church this Sunday. Please pray that we will be able to meet our investigator attendance goal this week please:) 

There is a scripture that I love that shows everyone their full potential that I want to achieve. It is in Doctrine and Covenants 67. I invite you all to read this section. Study it Together as a family and write down the promise that the Lord makes to us.

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week. If you need anything, just let me know! I LOVE YOU!! 

-Elder Black





My birthday package arrived!




No comments:

Post a Comment