Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015

Well hello everyone! How was your week? Well, Today was Change Day! Elder Vorwaller sorry to say had changes. He got changed to Santa Cruz Guanacaste. And now, I have a new comp! His name is Elder Valtierra. He is from Guadalejara Mexico! And actually, he is the mission nurse! and he as the nurse has to go to San Jose 2 times a week, AND if there is a missonary thats sick, he sometimes has to go to the hospital at 3 in the morning! Pray for me! To be honest, Elder Black(the zone leader) pulled me aside and told me that he just wants me focusing on him! because he is apparently negative and very prideful, so he told me to help him out. I'm not a district leader anymore! haha! HOWEVER, guess who is my new district leader?? ELDER TULLIS from Guacimo!! I'm so excited!! it is going to be great! So this change could be very awesome and also pretty difficult, but I know that the Lord is going to bless me!
Actually, I had a baptism on Saturday!! We finally baptized ANGIE!!! she got baptized by Elder Vorwaller! She was a little scared of the water though:) I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost, and after, her mom got up and broke down and bore a powerful testimony about how she knows and can feel the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints! She told us that she will be following the example of her daughter. She then told us that she had cancer! so pray for Angelica. The branch president then got up and said, "the next baptism we have will be your right?" she said Yes!! However, we had a miracle this month. A young man named Even has been coming to the church for the past 3 weeks! He has read 1 Nephi and going on 2 Nephi in 3 weeks! He will actually be getting baptized this weekend!! so we are so excited for this area! i hope that with my new companion we can work just as hard!
So i guess i left out a bit of info...on the 22nd of August, an Apostle is coming to Costa Rica!! We don't know who yet, but we are so pumped!! Personally...I hope its Holland;) It will be great!! 
So yesterday, Fransisco, one of the converts from last year, finally received the Priesthood!! He is a little slow, so that's why it took too long. But he got it, and right after he came up to us and said "Now I can leave with you both to do visits right??" We said "oh ya!!" and he left with us that night!! He cant walk...like barely at all, but he is so strong and he loves to bare his testimony!! He is a very strong member of the ward:)
Me, I'm doing good! Last week was pretty hard, but I know that the Lord is blessing me and also blessing you! Even when times get hard, even when nothing goes your way, Heavenly Father always has something in his plan ready to changed your mood from sad, mad, or frustrated- to happy, healthy, and ready to work, and sometimes he throws in little miracles to take down teh stress level;) I love the work, its so frustratingly hard, but i love it so much! I have almost 10 months now, and from my first change, I have grown so much. Obviously im not perfect, nobody is perfect. Nobody will ever be perfect, but we can we perfect in trying our  hardest! A scripture that I read this week impacted me alot. D&C 4:4. Some know this, but really take the time to study the blessings that come from missionary work. Take the time to share your testimony with someone today, tomorrow, and the next. I promise you, you will feel a difference, and the Lord will bless you. I hope you have a great week! I love you all so much!! EVERYONE!!! If you need anything let me know! You're always in my prayers!! Love, Brady
My new comp Elder Valtierra


Baptism of Angie w/ Elder Vorwaller

No comments:

Post a Comment