Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015

Hello Everyone!!! How was your week!?!? This week for me was a big difference! First of all, Elder Vorwaller(my new companion) is Great! He is very responsible and loves to work hard, so we get along very well. We both are here for the same reasons! Since Elder Guevara left, this branch and area has taken a new turn. We have found lots of New Investigators and Lots of future baptisms! Actually, Elder Vorwaller and I had the feeling to contact around this little area where there were lots of little houses. We talked to this little girl named Angelina. Shes 7 years old...(so close) But her birthday is in September. We had a short lesson with here and her mom. It turned out that they had been taught by the missionaries before in Nicaragua. They have a Book of Mormon and they also already have 3 times in church (which is a requirement for baptism) So we had a very powerful lesson. It was a miracle, and the best part is, Her and her husband are married!!:D Doesn't happen a lot! Just miracle after Miracle.
We had a VERY demanding lesson with Angie and Angelica! Finally we set up an appointment and taught them. Angie should be getting baptized on the 16 of next month, and Angelica on September 11th because she needs to get married or separate with her man. They both are reading the Book of Mormon so great. They have very strong testimonies, however Angie is really scared of Men in general. She gets super freaked out!! However, she trusts us:) The best thing is, is that all of these new people live around by the Church! The assistance of the church has gone up from 45(when I came) to 75!!! The Lord is hastening the work here in Santa Ana! Hopefully we will have 2 more missionaries this next change!
So me? Ive been really great. I Still haven't had the chance to go to the temple in almost 9 months, but KaDi told me something in my birthday letter that said that Heavenly Father might be testing me so that I can feel how the members and investigators feel here in Costa Rica with only one temple. They have to work and save so hard just to make an hour trip to the temple. I have definitley felt the difference than having a temple 30-45 minutes and now 5 minutes away!! I feel like I have changed in so many ways. My testimony of the atonement has grown so much. I feel like I'm starting to really give all that I have to the Lord. Its really hard, and painful at times, but we are seeing so many miracles. Elder Vorwaller and I actually have a rule that we cant sing songs other than church songs as we walk in the road. We both love 80s music and so its REALLY HARD! especially when you hear Journey and Foreigner in Carls Jr. OR, when you walk into a house and there playing "Everything I do, I do it for you" by bryan adams! Its just torture:) haha However, I'm loving the work. Being a District Leader is very stressful. All of the weight is on me, but i cant imagine the assistence or the Zone Leaders. I have learned to LOVE walking up to RANDOM people in the street and sharing my testimony about what we do and how we can help them. Fear gets taken away quick in the street. 
I hope you all know that I am so much happier than I was before. Sacrificing things for the Lord is hard and will never be so easy, but IT's so worth it! I have a testimony that Christ is getting the word out. Every change we see new wards, new stakes, and new miracles! Its so hard...SO hard but so worth it. Thank you all so much for your help! Every Single one of you. You're helping me out so much! I love you all! Have a great week! Love Always, Brady:)  <3

Me and Elder Vorwaller


No comments:

Post a Comment